Youth Apprenticeship – Carpentry
Youth Apprentice will be signed a mentor for on the jobsite learning. The mentor will be there to teach and guide youth apprentice. Youth Apprentice will be able to learn the following items, but not limited to:
- Learn and follow safety procedures. (Attend monthly safety meetings)
- Review and interpret construction plans, convert measurements/specifications.
- Set-up and prepare job site, tools, and equipment for tasks.
- Clean up and maintain job site.
- Identify materials needed to complete tasks.
- Assist with material handling following safety guidelines.
- Learn the use of power tools and equipment following safety guidelines.
- Practice estimates on material, resources, and supplies needed for projects.
- Assist in construction of framing using an array of materials. (wood, steel, etc)
- Learn the craftmanship of quality and perform at a high level of standards.
- Valid Drivers License (travel to job sites required)
- Enrolled in YA program
- Enrolled in an accredited high school (grade 11 or 12)
- Ability to identity and use basic hand tools and tape measure.
- Ability to hold oneself accountable for actions, success, and failures.
- Ability to take direction, and to listen.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team.
Joe Daniels Construction is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.